Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The World Keeps Spinnin

So I left off yesterday in between my doctors appointments.
I got back to the doctors office and the hillarious british doctor, Dr. Stockley (who in fact has met the Queen of England and is like a Knight or something like that--freakin awesome), comes out. I am in the waiting room with like 10 other people and with a moderately loud voice says, "did you produce a sample?" Everyone turns and looks at me and I BURST out laughing. I am so immature. And Dr. Stockley just looks at me with a straight face..waiting for my answer. After about 15 seconds, I pull myself under control and muster out, "yeah, it's down in the lab."
The blood test, the...other test show nothing. We are in Dr. STockleys office now and he is just thinking ...he was so awesome. The best doctor I've ever had. He is looking over the symptoms. Over and over and over. He has this cup of water he's sipping out of occasionally. Then goes back to thinking. Thinking. He pops up his head, picks up his drinking cup, throws the water out the window over his left shoulder, puts the cup in my face and says, "give me a urine sample." Um....okay....
Nothing shows up from that. I'm even really hydrated, and the apprentice girl says she's proud of me for drinking so much water.
Eventually he decides he wants me to come in for more testing on Friday. He says, "It could be something like the beginnings of a horrible case of TB or it could be something to do with thyroid, come back on Friday." Yeah that was comforting. Haha.
But he was so awesome. THE best doctor I have ever seen. And if you know me, you know I've seen a lot of doctors in my life. He wants me to take my temp 4 times a day...and then we'll see on Friday.
Well, other than that, nothing exciting. I'll be heading to RWANDA on Friday which will be SUPA cool! I can't wait. I've bought a bus ticket and will be getting my hotel booked tonight.
I was just on facebook for a few minutes looking at what all my friends are up to and realized that I don't really want to go home. The only reason I want to go home is because I miss a few choice people. But other than that....there's no reason to. I forget how boring Utah is in comparison to my life here. Melissa and I were talking about ityesterday and there is NEVER a dull day here. Every day is weird.
I love it!
P.s. Melissa was SO awesome to come with me and be such a good friend while I was there. She is so so so cool.

1 comment: