Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Amazalibwa Amalungi

Happy Birthday Wilson Levi Laker!
Yesterday was awesome! I am so happy to be back in Lugazi!
In the morning, I worked on the extravaganza with Becca and Youth Outreach.
In the afternoon, I did teacher training and music lessons.
And in the evening, I partied it up with HELP-International and my favorite Youth Outreach boys. It was Wilsey-Poo's 21st birthday and we told him we were having a party (they almost NEVER celebrate birthdays here). He invited us to his house and it was so much fun! His family had been cooking for hours and fed us this beautiful and delicious African meal. Wils did try to force-feed all of us, but it was really good! Becca got him a cake and a picture framed of all of us. He was so happy...what a sweetie. He was crying almost the entire night just cause he was so happy! He had to keep on leaving the room. The hardest part about leaving the beautiful land of Uganda for me will be to leave my youth outreach friends, Mary, and David. I don't even know if I will be able to say goodbye. It will be too hard. I don't know when I will see these people next. I'm also going to have a horrid time trying to say goodbye to the Mukono branch. What amazing people they have here in East Africa.
Summing it all up...yesterday was a good day and I love Uganda.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dani !!! I miss you so much. And you better come home soon cause i wont let you stay in africa for ever enless i come live there with you. SERIOUSLY !!! Any ways did you here about Michael Jacksons Death. So sad. You sound like your having a totall blast. Africa sounds AMAZING !!! I LOVE YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCh LOve the coolest sister in the whole world GABI

    ReplyDelete